Network Setup Wired or wireless
Are you struggling with IP addresses, DNS Servers and Subnet Masks? Just want to have a home or business network setup so you can just get on with your work then maybe I can help.
If you need help to set up your wireless network or want to connect up a wired network, but don't know where to start, give me a call.
Wired or Wireless?
Setting up a home network can be fraught with problems. It can be complicated by the many "what if" issues that need to be answered when deciding the best network solution.
- how many computers are required in the network
- whether a server is required
- whether there are any mobile computers to be included (e.g. laptops, notebooks, tablets)
- the operating systems on the computers
- the type of internet service (e.g. cable, dsl)
- what the network will be used for (e.g printer sharing, home entertainment)
- where the computers are located in your home
Most home networks use a mixture of both wired and wireless technologies but whatever way you choose to set up your network I can help. Making the right choices before installing the network is essential and I will provide free advice as to your best set up according to your requirements.
Setting up of a network using wireless technology or pre-installed network cable is charged at my normal hourly rates of £35 for the first hour and £10 for each subsequent half hour or part thereof.
Home or Business Network?
I am able to configure and setup networks for both home and business use. I can install Cat5e or Cat6 wiring and terminate the ends with RJ45 connectors and network outlets.
The price for installation of a network will depend upon the type of network required and the amount of work involved. Please contact me for a quote.